Join BBFAA Activities
Be a Member!
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the discounted membership fee of $25 has been extended until September 30, 2020. Please fill out the BBFAA Membership Form in the link above and mail your check to the BBFAA P.O. Box 227, Tallahassee, FL 32302-0227. Or pay online by clicking the links below or the Pay Online Membership buttons above. Thank you for supporting the BBFAA.
Effective July 1st, St. Louis Catholic Church welcomes Father Alberic. Bishop William Wack, CSC, has appointed Fr. Alberic Lazerna, to be the new Parochial Administrator of St. Louis Catholic Church, effective July 1, 2020. Father Alberic has been the Parochial Vicar at Little Flower in Pensecola. Welcome to St. Louis, Fr. Alberic!
BBFAA’s Dr. Portia Dinoso Campos featured in Tallahassee Woman Magazine, celebrating Asian Pacific Heritage Month, Page 30. (April/May 2020)
BBFAA Provides Support to Taal Volcano Victims
Thank you to All BBFAA Members for your continued support and help. Members of the BBFAA contributed $500 plus individual contributions for the relief effort to Taal Volcano victims in the midst of the COVID onset. Special thanks to Criz and Louie De Leon for organizing.
Lucky Goat Coffee to Support BBFAA Scholarships
It’s that time again! The BBFAA Scholarship Committee has partnered with Lucky Goat again this year to raise support for scholarships in the Philippines. Lucky Goat coffee is available for sale now! Only $11/bag. Please contact Mafe Brooks for your order or for any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to view the Lucky Goat Flyer.
2021 Calendar of Events
BBFAA Members: As we learn more about COVID-19 and its effects on every day life, the BBFAA will be following CDC guidelines.
Event: Celebrate Asia
- Date/Time: Saturday, May 22 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Location: Tom Brown Park, Tallahassee, Florida
- Details: Celebrate Asia for Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month. This event is sponsored by the Asian Coalition of Tallahassee and supported by area Asian Organizations. More details at www.asiantlh.org.
Event: Tagalog Mass
- Date/Time: Sunday, June 13 at 12:30 p.m.
- Location: St. Louis Catholic Church, 3640 Fred George Rd., Tallahassee, Florida
- Details: Led by Father Alberic Lazerna. The Mass will be celebrated on the second Sunday of these months: August, October, and December for 2021. Also, in December, the Parish will be celebrating the traditional Simbang Gabi, a nine day devotional series reading up to Christmas.
Event: Annual Picnic
- Date/Time: Saturday, July 17. We start eating at noon.
- Location: St. George Island State Park
- Details: This is a potluck event. Please bring a potluck dish to share. We will have ube ice cream and FMSF will be selling halo halo as a fundraiser. There will be a $6.00 entrance fee per vehicle. We will also sell BBFAA 40th year commemorative t-shirts.
Event: Pista sa Nayon “Filipino Festival”
- Date/Time: Saturday, October 30 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Location: Klemen Plaza, Tallahassee, Florida
- Details: More details to come.
Event: New BBFAA choir
- BBFAA Choir Co-Leads: Michele Riley and Barbara Reyes
- Location: St. Louis Catholic Church, Tallahassee, Florida
- Details: Volunteers are needed for the Tagalog Choir to support the Tagalog Mass. Practice is at St. Louis Catholic Church directly after the 5 PM Saturday Masses on Saturday, May 29; Saturday, June 5; and Saturday, June 12. This should be approximately 6:30 PM start time. Please RSVP to President Earl Campos if you are interested. Please come for practice as we would love to hear your voice!
Jan 2019-Dec 2021
- President Earl Campos
- Vice President Dinah Johnson
- Secretary Lillian Plank
- Treasurer Roselle Gainer
- Auditor Michelle Riley
- Public Relations Officer Ferdie Flores
Board of Directors
- Chairman of the Board Sue Sparks
- Board Member Clyde Diao (Fmr President)
- Board Member Arneil Reyes (Fmr President)
- Board Member Vacant
- Elected Board Member Mandy Escueta
- Elected Board Member Eleonor Lipman
- Elected Board Member Lally Mosley
BBFAA Members are welcome to attend the Executive Meeting held each third Friday of the month. Location TBA. Contact any Officer/Board member for more information.
Congratulations to the 2020 recipients of the BBFAA $500.00 U.S. Educational Grant!
- Julia Hernandez (Winning Essay)
- Giselle Almanzor
- Mattheus Abad
Visit our FACEBOOK page for pictures of BBFAA Activities.
Sign up to be a BBFAA Concession Stand Volunteer
Click on the logo below to sign up as a volunteer
2021 FSU Football Schedule
Please CLICK Here, or the picture above, to sign up and volunteer for 1 hour to 1.5 hours. High School students will receive Bright Future hours.
Contact Person: Sonny Abad (850) 443-2694, or email Sonny Abad.
Event: Sinulog 2020
- Date/Time: Sunday, January 26 at 12:15 noon
- Location: Blessed Sacrament Church, 624 Miccosukee Rd., Tallahassee, FL 32308
- Details: This is a potluck event after the 12:15 mass. Click here to sign up for the potluck
Event: BBFAA General Membership Meeting
- Date/Time: Sunday, February 9 at 2.p.m to 5 p.m
- Location: Leon County Supervisor of Elections Office, 2990-1 Apalachee Parkway near Lynn’s Oriental Seafood Market, Tallahassee, FL 32301
Event: International Bazaar
- Date/Time: Saturday, February 15 at 2.p.m to 5 p.m
- Location: FSU Ballroom, Tallahassee, FL 32306
Event: Valentine’s Party
- Date/Time: Friday, February 14, 2020 from 6 to 11 p.m.
- Location: American Legion, 229 Lake Ella Drive, Tallahassee, FL
- Details: This is a dinner/dance. Cost: $35/couple; $20/person; $10/performer student;$5/child less than 5 y.o. To purchase tickets, please text (or Facebook message) Lally Mosley at 850-766-0281 or Ferdie Flores at 850-570-4468. Please purchase tickets in advance.
Event: FSA hosts the International Cafe Cancelled
- Date/Time: Wednesday, April 1 ,2020
- Location: International Globe, Tallahassee, FL
Event: BINGO Cancelled
- Date/Time: Friday, April 24,2020
- Location: St. Louis Church ,3640 Fred George Road , Tallahassee, FL 32303
Event: FSU Spring Football Game/Pizza Hut Revenue Opportunity. Cancelled until further notice.
- Date/Time: Saturday, April 18,2020
- Location: FSU Doak Campbell Stadium, Tallahassee, FL 32306
- Details: We need up to 14 people to volunteer. Pizza Hut is paying the BBFAA for each person who volunteer. Your support is appreciated.
Event: Flores de Mayo Cancelled
- Date/Time: Saturday, May 2, 2020
- Location: Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church, Tallahassee, Florida
- Details: Please bring flowers
Event: Summer Picnic Cancelled
Event: Pista sa Nayon- A Fiesta Filipino
This event has been cancelled for September 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We look forward to coming back strong with our community celebration in 2021!
Event: The Asian Coalition of Tallahassee & Tallahassee Community College Dance Company present Fusion World Dance Concert. Click here to view the Fusion World Dance Flyer.
Event: BBFAA Costume challenge 2020! We don’t have to be together but we can still have fun by preparing our costumes for Halloween and sending them for a Virtual Costume Challenge.
This is a FREE event for all to enjoy. In lieu of entry fees, we encourage voluntary donations for the Philippine Scholarship Fund. To donate, please visit the Philippine Scholarship Fund webpage or click here to donate. You can also mail a check to: BBFAA Scholarship Fund, P.O. Box 227, Tallahassee, FL 32302-0227.
- Trophies will be awarded for:
- – Best Male Costume
- – Best Female
- – Best Minor
- – Best Filipino-Inspired
- – Best Couple
- – Honorable Mentions(2)
- Deadline for Group Dance (NOVEMBER 2)
- Deadline for Submission of entries (NOVEMBER 2)
- Announcement of Winners (NOVEMBER 9)
Pets in costumes are also welcome!
In the spirit of our Annual Fall Costume Party, we will also accept videos of dance performances from interested groups with a maximum of 5 members. We will post dance video entries on the Philippine Scholarship Fund FB page as well. Deadline for video submission is on October 28th.
This will be a FREE event for all to enjoy. In lieu of entry fees, we encourage voluntary donations for the Philippine Scholarship Fund. Checks can be mailed to: BBFAA Scholarship Fund, P.O. Box 227, Tallahassee, FL 32302-0227.
For more information, please contact Sonny Abad or email: email@example.com